Mostly it happens with most of the people that they want to know the history or background of their family. Some people are just curious to know while there could be another reason for searching their genealogical history and that is maybe they are apart from their family and lost somewhere. At this stage of one’s life, one feels like connecting again to the strong bond and becoming close with them. Now keeping this need of people in mind a great website i.e. it has been opened through which people can get to see all the information and history of their family.
- Switch on your computer or laptop and connect the internet. Without facility of internet you cannot start the process.
- Open up your web browser and in the web address you need to type following web address that is ancestry.ca .
- On their homepage you will see an option of ‘what’s your story’. Under this category you will get to see a lot many boxes which you need to fill out.
- In the very first box, they will ask your full name. Provide your first, middle (if any) and last name to them.
- Later on, choose your gender either male or female.
- Write your age in the next box that will appear.
- After this make this thing clear to them that for whom you are doing the search whether for father’s family, mother’s family or someone else.
- Click the ‘get started’ button to move onto the next page.
- If you have chosen father’s family then they will ask all the information like his full name, birth year, birthplace, his siblings etc.
- Once you provide all the details click on the option ‘search for records’.
- All the relevant details will be shown to you.
Through the process available on this root directory, one can easily search the family history. By this way only few of your minutes will be taken. You will not feel tired. You just need to provide information and then see the results.
This is a website developed in 1983 where people can get to see their historical background or in other words we can say their genealogical history. It is specifically for the people of United States, Canada, and United Kingdom and for few of other European States.