The establishment of paternity is the acknowledgement of the legal father of the child, which in most cases is done automatically. It enables the child to enjoy more rights benefits and rights and also to protect the legal rights of the child. Moreover the father cannot be able to pay for the child support unless the paternity has been established, as the court does not allow this. The paternity can be established easily, you can get an AOP (Acknowledgement of paternity) from the hospital, both parents’ sign the form and the hospital send this to the Bureau of vital statistics (BVS). Now you can also do this online.
Step By Step Guide:
- The first step is to visit the official website at www.childsupport.oag.state.tx.us .
- The home page will appear, click on the option for “Apply for Services”.
- A new page will be opened, where you can see all the available services.
- Navigate to the heading “Establish Paternity” and then click on “Apply Online”.
- Read all the information about the online service. After reading scroll down and click on the option “Begin” at the page bottom, to proceed.
- Now fill out the form, provide the information by selecting the option for establishing paternity through custodial parents.
- Provide parents personal details such as name, address, contact number, state and driving license number, the appearance details, identity terms etc.
- Enter information about “Custodial Parent” information with detail with appropriate data
- Give out your physical address, mail address information with detail into the respective boxes.
- Also provide the employers name and address.
- Now you are supposed to choose the benefits and follow the process to move to the second page.
- Complete the procedure giving out required details.
- You must know the driving and state license number, as it is required.
- Employer name and address is also required.
- You need computer with proper internet connectivity.
- They are using SSL, in order to protect the site and the user data.
The Office of the Attorney General of Texas (OAG) has been providing the much called for assistance to the children and parents. They provide many services to the parents who want to receive or provide the child support for their children including establishing the paternity.