The NetGear R6300 Wi-Fi router is one of the two router models in the market today that support 5G Wi-Fi or 802.11 ac. The first was the buffalo AirStation. Like its predecessor, the NetGear R6300 router uses a 5G Wi-Fi chip offered by Broadcom and this router also supports the 3-stream standard to be able to offer 1.3Gbps on a 5G band frequency. The R6300 router also supports the latest 802.11n 3-stream version to be able to supply data rates not exceeding 450Mbps.
Unlike its predecessor, the buffalo, NetGear R6300 is very fast. It comes with 2 USB ports, to enable it to host external storage devices and printers. It also comes with a strong managing program for home network named the ‘NetGear genie’. It can be bought in web, mobile, and desktop version.
The Netgear R6300 Wi-Fi Router
The NetGear R6300 is sold for $200. You can be sure that this is money well spent. For consumers who have been looking for high quality wireless routers to support existing Wi-Fi devices as well as the future 5G Wi-Fi, then this router, the NetGear R6300 is the ultimate device. Devices that support 5G Wi-Fi are not yet available in the market and are expected to be launched towards the end of 2012. This means that the R6300 router is well ahead of the times.
The Features Of The Netgear R6300 Wi-Fi Router
- 802.11ac that avails 5G Wi-Fi that has a speed not less than 1.3Gbps.
- It is compatible with existing and future Wi-Fi devices.
- You enjoy home HD streaming.
- It is backward compatible with wireless-N (802.11n) version.
- It comes in 8.07× 10.04× 3.03 in (205× 255× 77 mm) dimensions.
- It weighs 1.44lb (654g).
- It comes with two 2.0 USB ports.
- It supports IEEE 802.11 n/b/g 2.4 GHz.
- Supports IEEE 802.11 n/ac/a 5G
- Comes with five 100/10.10000 GB Ethernet ports (4 LAN and 1 WAN) that have auto sensing tech.
- Has Wi-Fi boost that comes with radio amplifiers that are high powered.
- It comes with 128 MB Random Access Memory (RAM) and 128 MB flash memory.
- Has an advanced QoS (Quality of Service).
- Support for internet protocol 6 (IPv6).
- User gets a personalized dashboard for monitoring, controlling and repairing home network; the NetGear genie application.
- It allows for WPS (Wi-Fi protected setup) Push ‘N’ Control.
- It comes with SPI & NAT firewall protection.
- It has Wi-Fi protected access.
- Has DoS attack (Denial of Service) prevention.
- Finally, comes with a minimum one year warranty. It can be longer if it is provided by law. There is also an added 3months basic computer support.
It is indeed true that the NetGear R6300 is the most ideal and most advanced NetGear router in the market today. The most significant feature being that it can be connected to a Smartphone or ipad for network monitoring and management. The bottom line, NetGear Rr6300 Wi-Fi router is an exceptional device and you can click on this link for Final Thoughts on the Netgear R6300.